It’s tax season, and if you are going to receive a refund, do you have a plan for it? For many people, when they get an unexpected amount of money, it goes quickly. If you can’t think of what you have done with your return the last few years, now is a great time to be productive with it. For instance, consider floor upgrades and Denver hardwood repair services. From some of the top hardwood repairs needed and premier refinishing, to local hardwood installation, use some of these ideas to make the most of your tax refund this year!
Common Repairs Needed
If you notice any of the following issues with your hardwood flooring, it is best to have it fixed as soon as possible. This will ensure the quality of your hardwood for years to come.
- Cracks and Scrapes: Natural wear and tear will happen over time. Scrapes can easily appear when shoes are worn in the house, if there are pets, or if you have moved furniture. Cracks may also appear around the nails depending on how they were originally installed.
- Gaps: Hardwood flooring should be seamless. While you may see where the planks connect, when there are large gaps between your planks, it is problematic. Gaps happen for a variety of reasons such as sun exposure, high temperatures in the house, or too much humidity.
- Stains: When spills or liquids aren’t cleaned quickly, they seep into the hardwood leading to stains. In some cases, a stain hasn’t penetrated through the surface and can be sanded out. In other cases, replacement is your best option. Your go-to hardwood specialist will be able to help you decide what is best.
- Oxidation: The first year of hardwood installed in a home is a crucial time. It will settle into place, being very sensitive to the area around it—especially to sunlight. The end result? Your floors can change colors. This is normal over time, but in the first year, it happens at rapid speed.
- Warping or Cupping: Do you notice that your hardwood bows inward in the middle? This is warping, also known as cupping. Warping happens when there are frequent and/or drastic temperature and humidity changes in your home. Finishing is what helps this problem, but if you have not finished your floors in quite some time, or it is of poor quality, you may not be able to save them.
Maximizing with Refinishing Services
If your floors do not have any of the problems mentioned above, but you are ready for a change, don’t be so quick to replace. In many cases, a refinishing job will do. When you refinish your floors, you are sanding out all of the imperfections and adding a new stain finish on top. This means you can change the color! You should definitely bring new life to your home with hardwood refinishing in Denver
Is carpet the main flooring in your home? Installing hardwood is a great option. Not only will it help your resale value, but is healthier, too. In the six surprising health hazards lurking in your home
, carpet is the biggest culprit. Topping the list, carpet can harbor mold and fungus, as well as other allergens.
Whether you would like to spend your tax refund on a repair, refinish or installation, TGB Flooring is here to help. As your go-to hardwood specialist, our team will help you make the most of your budget. Call us today at 303-738-9910 to get started.