Once you have made the investment to repair or replace your Denver hardwood floors, you will want to keep them in tip-top shape to preserve their natural beauty and luster for years to come! Here are some tips on how to help keep your new hardwood floors in good shape:
- Place felt under the base of couches, tables and other furniture and avoid dragging furniture when moving and cleaning
- Place mats and throw rugs in high traffic areas of your home
- Ask your guests to take off their shoes when they come into your home, and keep pets nails trimmed so they don’t scratch the floors as they run through the house
- Always use cleaning materials that are made specifically for hardwood floors, and avoid using cleaners with harsh or stripping chemicals
- Clean up spills and messes right away
Keeping hardwood floors in Denver in pristine shape can be a bit of a challenge, particularly with our dry climate, but if you follow the tips from the hardwood floor experts at TGB Flooring in Denver, you are sure to enjoy your floors for years to come.