With family, family, and pets tracking through your house on a regular basis, your Denver hardwood floor is bound to have taken a beating. Here are some tips when it comes to cleaning your floor after a large gathering and some general guidelines to keep your floor looking pristine:
- Make sure that you wipe up spills as soon as possible.
- Vacuums, sweep, or mop your hardwood floors at least once a week. However, make sure that your vacuum attachment is soft so it doesn’t damage your floor.
- Place rugs and mats in places at entrances to cut down on moisture and dirt tracked in from outside.
- Put down carpets in high traffic areas – make sure that these are breathable to prevent moisture from being trapped
- Protect your floor from direct sunlight
When cleaning your Denver hardwood floor, make sure that you don’t use and harsh cleaners such as detergents, bleaches, or abrasive soaps. Try to keep your floor dry when cleaning as much as possible. Also make sure that your floor is protected from furniture that could scratch or dent the floor with protector pads. Want more advice on cleaning or protecting your Denver hardwood floor? Give your Denver hardwood flooring experts a call at TGB Flooring.