We often are asked, “What are the benefits of hardwood flooring?” There are many flooring options and new technology is added to the market, but nothing can imitate the beautiful, elegant, and natural element of hardwood floors in any home. Not only are they an added elegant element, but they also add value to your home and are key in the resale home market. Advances in technology have led to our hardwood floors looking better, lasting longer, and easier to care for thane ever. Here are seven benefits of having hardwood in your home:
- Hypoallergenic: Hardwood floors trap fewer allergens including pollen, dust, and dust mites than alternative flooring types. It is recommended by the American Lung Association to improve air quality.
- Increased home value: Hardwood floors can last a lifetime and are always in style, making them cheaper in the long run because you don't have to reinstall.
- Timeless Style: Hardwood flooring is timeless. It enhances the warmth of any home, and its natural colors blend with the decor of any room.
- Easy to Maintain: To keep them in good shape and looking new, normal care such as sweeping or vacuuming with a soft broom or vacuum is generally all that is required. To maintain its luster, use the manufacturers recommended cleaner with a dry mop and a terry cloth cover.
- Durable: Maintained properly, wood flooring should never have to be replaced. Our "Solid" wood is milled from one piece of wood. Our exotic collection of hardwood floors offers some of the densest, most durable species in the world. Our prefinished flooring comes with 7 coats of aluminum oxide and 2 anti-scratch layers that will help resist scratches.
- Variety: Our full line of exotic species offers a wide variety of appearances to match your personality, style, and home. From light to dark, we have a species that will match your tastes. Our products come in both prefinished and unfinished formats, as well as floating floors. Prefinished can be enjoyed as soon as the floor is installed. Prefinished flooring is available in many styles, widths, colors, and species. Pre-finished flooring is typically a ¾” solid nail-down product and requires no sanding. Pre-finished floors can be refinished numerous times. Unfinished wood floors are the most common flooring installation. These floors are installed as raw wood, tongue and groove product on all four sides; sanded, stained, and finished on site to suit the homeowner’s taste. A variety of stains and finished may be used. Floating floors are typically a laminated snap-together floor in a variety of styles and colors. Floating floors are excellent for over concrete installations such as basement remodels.
- Repairable: Hardwood floors can be re-finished to hide damage such as gouges. Sanding hardwood floors used to be a dust nightmare, but not anymore! Airborne wood dust, a known carcinogen, is a jobsite hazard that is completely unnecessary. We at TGB Flooring are proud to offer Bona’s Atomic Dust Containment System; a revolutionary, health-conscious system that does not allow airborne dust to permeate your home! It is a healthier environment to work in every day and cleans up what used to be an extremely dusty process. Not only is it safer and cleaner, but faster. Using this system allows you to be back in your home in a matter of hours, not days!
Take a look at our gallery for inspiration or contact TGB flooring today and we can have one of our friendly professionals come take a look at your flooring project.